Happy Thursday from us over here at Raw Apparel!
So this post is a quick round up of the past week in the world of vegan and what we've been loving. This week features major fan-girling, peanut butter appreciation and binge worthy daily vlogs..so keep reading to find out more.
KRISTEN LEO. JILICIOUS JOUNEY. FANGIRL MOMENT
Ok so we'll keep this only borderline creepy but this week we are of course loving our favourite social media girls Kristen Leo (@kristenleo) and Jilicious Journey (@jiliciousjourney) on both the YT and Instagram!
Firstly, Kristen has an awesome YouTube channel, as well as a beautiful Instagram account, where she talks about vegan and vintage fashion, vegan food, and other fun controversial topics! Her 'What I Eat in A Day' videos are amazing and you have to subscribe! If you've just transitioned over to the vegan or plant based lifestyle you will need to get watching because she will change your life!
Also (fan-girl moment.) check out her latest haul video featuring our 'Meat Sucks' and 'Vogue Vegan' sweatshirts!
Now to the beautiful Jil! She has literally the best Instagram account! If you want food, fashion and vegan lifestyle and fitness bits then definitely head on over because she has all of that for you! But mainly we're super excited that she's back on YouTube (JiliciousJourney) and is bringing her much needed wisdom back to the online vegan space. She makes reallly valuable videos covering topics like depression and anxiety as well as of course the more lighthearted videos like recipes and favourites! She will add so much value to your life so definitely go and check her out!
VEGAN FITNESS TV DAILY VLOGS!
So we binge watched their January daily vlogs and now they're back everyday this May. So if your reading this now you've got a good 18 videos to catch up on but it's well worth it! This British family is so easy to watch and their life is so charming! We love it! They are so knowledgable about veganism and health and fitness-it's unreal! And we love their super balanced approach to the lifestyle making it so easy to follow. Also definitely check out their Instagram (@veganfitnesscom)!
HALLELUJAH PEANUT BUTTER EXISTS. AMEN.
So we are back on the peanut butter train! To be honest we completely forgot about this humble ingredient but it is now firmly back in our lives forever! This recipe is so fricken good, we can't even! It's these super flavourful veggie satay skewers or kebabs! And we usually serve them with a giant vat of brown rice. They're so quick and easy to make and have quickly become one of our favourites over here at Raw Apparel HQ. So enjoy!
Ingredients: (Serves 2 or 3 People)
- Thumb Size Piece of Ginger
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Tbsp Tamari/Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Curry Powder
- 6 Tbsp Peanut Butter
- 2 Limes - Zest and Juice
- 2 Tbsp Agave/Maple Syrup
- 1 Can of Coconut Milk
- Loads of Veggies - Zucchini, Carrots, Mushrooms, Peppers, Butternut Squash - ANY VEG!
- Cook yo Veggies! So to make them easier to grill at the end, if you're using hard veggies like squashes, carrots or zucchinis, make sure you chop them up into chunks and part cook them first. We steam them for like 20 minutes, but microwaving them is good too!
- Marinade time! Peel the ginger and grate it into a bowl. Repeat with the garlic and lime zest. Halve the lime and juice it, then mix it in a bowl with the syrup, soy/tamari, curry powder and peanut butter. Give it a good mix, adding a small splash of water if it’s too stiff. Then spoon two-thirds of the mix into a small pan. Set aside for Step 6.
- Mix the veggies with the marinade. So tip them into the remaining third of the peanut-butter mix and stir really well. Cover with cling film and chill until required. This can be done ahead of when you wanna eat!
- So then you need to preheat your grill to high! Now thread your veggies onto skewers but if you're feeling lazy just tip them onto a foil lined baking tray!
- Now grill the skewers for about 10 mins, turning occasionally, until lightly charred.
- Whilst under the grill you can cook your amazing sauce. So pour the coconut milk into the pan and stir together with the peanut butter mix. Heat it gently whilst continuously stirring.
- OMG it's all done! Uh it's so good you have to try this! Serve with rice or whatever really and it will just blow your mind!
So that concludes our favourites of this week! Remember to check in next Thursday for the launch of our T-shirt Line! Yeyy!
Have a lovely weekend!
Raw Apparel Xxx